The SERVPRO Difference
When disaster strikes a government facility, your SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow Franchise Professional answers the call quickly to assess the damage and start mitigation procedures, helping to ensure minimum service interruption and lower recovery costs.
SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals respond to disaster situations with the right personnel and equipment to provide timely mitigation - the key to controlling damage, lowering recovery costs and minimizing interruption to the public and employees. From large disasters to those special cleaning needs that exceed the capabilities of a facility's janitorial service, SERVPRO of Salem/ Plaistow Franchise Professionals are committed to timely response and total customer satisfaction.
You Can Trust The SERVPRO® Franchise System When disaster strikes a government facility, your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional answers the call quickly to assess the damage and start mitigation procedures, helping to ensure minimum service interruption and lower recovery costs.
Over 45 Years of Experience in Commercial Cleanup and Restoration
Over 1,700 Franchises in North America
Access to More Than 140,000 Pieces of
Nationwide Disaster Recovery Team®
24-Hour Emergency Response
Real-Time Communication Providing
Timely and Accurate Information
Trained, Uniformed Franchise Professionals
This is SERVPRO
With every flood comes a flood of emotions. Every fire - a momentary spark of uncertainty. And loss of control. And when it's your home, your business or your belongings that become damaged, you don't just want things clean.
You want your life back, as well.
And that's where SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow comes in. A Franchise System with over 40 years' leadership in cleanup and restoration. A track record of results that has earned the trust of insurance companies nationwide, countless homeowners, and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon.
Where a team of Franchise Professionals highly-trained in cleanup and care for both home and homeowner quietly take to the streets, every hour of every day. Proving that wherever there's a house full of water, or an office filled with smoke, there's also a van full of clean.
To develop a team of quality people who focus on excellent service, fairness and mutual respect.
Founded in 1967, the SERVPRO Industries, Inc. Franchise System is a national leader of fire, water, mold and other specialty cleanup and restoration services. SERVPRO's professional services network of Franchises has responded to property damage emergencies ranging from multi-million dollar disasters to those suffered by individual businesses and homes. Providing coverage in 48 states, SERVPRO® Franchise
Professionals have established nationwide relationships with major insurance companies, commercial clients and individual homeowners.
In 1988, SERVPRO® moved the Corporate headquarters from Sacramento, Calif., to Gallatin, Tenn. This was a strategic move to place the new location within 600 miles of 50 percent of the U.S. population and more SERVPRO® Franchises. In April 2005, SERVPRO® again moved the corporate headquarters to a new 140,000-square-foot building. The state-of-the-art building houses a newly designed training facility, the National Call Center and much more to meet the increasing growth of the Franchise System.
SERVPRO's continued efforts to supporting each individually owned franchise has allowed SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow to grown and thrive! Call us today - 603.893.9700
Top Ten Franchise System Winners!
Operating a SERVPRO franchise can be a hard path at times to success, but not today! Always so nice to see our entire franchise community recognized for their hard work and commitment to our customers.
For the first time since 2016, SERVPRO, a cleanup and restoration franchise company, has been named a Top 10 overall franchise opportunity in the nation by Entrepreneur Magazine, as well as the #1 position in the cleaning and restoration industry for nearly 20 years in a row
“In 2020, SERVPRO franchises across the U.S. and Canada responded to numerous natural disasters such as hurricanes along the Gulf Coast and East Coast and wildfires in the West. But it was the launch of SERVPRO’s new disinfecting and COVID-19 cleanup service that tested and proved the company’s resolve,” CEO Rick Isaacson said.
“SERVPRO’s #10 overall ranking is a result of the hard work our franchises, their crews, and our dedicated headquarters team put in while many businesses were not so lucky,” Isaacson said. “So many businesses were negatively impacted, slowed, or closed due to the pandemic. When COVID forced much of the world to slow down or step back, our team stepped up and did what it took, whether that was cleaning businesses so they could reopen safely or disinfecting first responders’ vehicles – many of those at no cost – to give back to those working every day to keep us safe.”
Signs of Water Damage
Water damage can come from many different sources, including hurricanes, severe thunderstorms, local flooding, burst pipes, and leaking appliances. It also has many different signs. It can appear quickly or slowly and make its way into your ceilings, floors, and walls, all of which have slightly different signs of damage. If a water leak is left unattended or not noticed immediately, water damage can occur. Wet rot can cause wood damage, structural issues, pose mold and other health effects, and become a financial headache down the road. Look for these water damage signs when trying to detect water damage in your ceiling:?
- ?Peeling, bubbling, or flaking paint
- Small hairline cracks or a larger, spiderwebbed pattern of cracks
- Water rings, usually a light brown color
- ?Mold growth, especially in corners where walls and ceilings meet, and often in humid rooms or locations such as basements
- Sagging, bowed ceilings
- Water stains, often a dark, yellow color, or similar in appearance to rust
- Musty smells
When it comes to water damage on your walls, look for the following signs:
- Softened drywall. If safe to do so, press on the areas where you suspect there’s water damage. If the wall sinks inward or becomes depressed in some way, you likely have water damage on the inside, even if the exterior appears normal.
- Discoloration, often appearing in the form of streaks that can be short or quite long, running down the wall in affected areas
- Water rings, usually a light brown color
- Cracked, bubbling, or flaking paint. When water damage occurs inside a wall, it can often stretch the paint on the outside, leading to bubbles of varying sizes that can pop and cause even more damage.
- Musty smells
Water damage almost never gets better if left unattended, watch for these signs and protect your home by calling SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow at 603.893.9700.
Help is Just a Phone Call Away!
When fire or water damage puts the things that matter most on the line, you need the very best help on the line as well. That’s why knowing the easiest ways to contact SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow is so vital. Just go to our website on your mobile phone or call 603.893.9700 to get the team that’s faster to any size disaster. We’re a leader in giving control back to homeowners, property managers, and even entire communities after the devastating effects of water or fire. So whether you’re responsible for 1,000 square feet or 100,000 – be ready for the worst with the very best.
Here are 8 reasons why your company should get an Emergency Ready Profile® today on every one of your buildings.
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise Profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow is part of a Franchise System that has more than 50 years of leadership in cleanup and restoration. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry, countless homeowners, and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon. We are quietly taking to the streets, every hour of every day, proving that whenever there is a house full of water or an office full of smoke, there is also a van full of clean.
Important and Easy Test
Fire alarms when properly installed and maintained are a proven method to saving lives in the case of a fire, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
Carbon monoxide and fire can make for a deadly duo, installing dual detectors makes it easier to protect yourself against both. Combination smoke and carbon monoxide alarms have sensing technologies that work together to detect fires and the odorless, colorless, tasteless gas known as CO – the silent killer.
Test smoke alarms monthly using the test button. Follow this link for a complete 14 step outline for safely and effectively testing your fire/ smoke detectors. How do test a smoke detector.
In larger commercial buildings, hard wired or wireless smoke alarms offer benefits some time saving and ease of use. These alarms do not need to be tested as often and are interconnected throughout the entire building if smoke is detected in just one area (NFPA).
If you need assistance installing, testing or changing batteries in your smoke alarms, contact your local fire department, an electrician or the American Red Cross.
Be sure your home or workplace has a fire emergency plan in place and conduct regular fire drills. For more information on emergency preparedness, contact SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow at 603.893.9700. Happily serving Salem, Windham, Atkinson, Danville, Plaistow, and Pelham, NH.
Make the Call to SERVPRO First
There's no such thin as a small disaster - especially when the water you don't see contains bacteria or can cause mold, rot, and other unseen damage. Water damage can affect the value of your property. Before you get out the mop bucket and try to clean it yourself, consider how the damage can affect your property.
SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow franchise professionals know how disruptive water damage can be for you, our home or business. SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow's staff are trained and equipped to manage the drying process. By utilizing the proper equipment and moisture measuring devices, you building will be quickly and thoroughly dried to industry standards, which will help prevent secondary water damages.
Before you risk further damaging the value of your facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow at 603.893.9700.
Proper Protection = Safe Mold Removal
When there's water intrusions, like a rook leak or leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow's staff has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. Although every mold damage scenario is different requiring a unique solution, the general mold remediation process stays the same.
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us to book your free inspection. A member of our team will ask you a series of questions to help determine the necessary equipment, resources and personnel needed.
Look for our next blog when we discuss more of these standard steps for proper mold restoration!
Preparation is KEY!
At this point most of us living in Salem/Plaistow area know how to handle the big winter storms. We rush to the grocery store to get milk and bread because we are all convinced we will be in our house for days on end! The storms that bring feet of snow to our area, no school for days, and state of emergency to keep nonessential personal off the roads. You could lose power, which could cause food spoilage or frozen pipes… and let’s not forget if there is a quick warm up right behind it, you could experience flooding. The nice thing about these larger storms is that they give us time to prepare.
BUT what about the smaller storms? The ones that only bring a coating, inch or two of sleet, snow or ice? The ones that they always say won’t cause much of an impact?
Did you know these smaller, less significant storms can actually cause a greater impact to your home and business? Why? Because we don’t prepare as much. We are told they won’t be as big so we tend not to stress as much and let our guard down. Four wheel drive can plow through anything right… wrong!
So... what can you do?
- Have a list of your vendors and an emergency ready profile (ERP) completed on your business as an additional add to your continuity plan. It saves you time, in the event this “insignificant storms” turns out to be a really big deal.
- Just because there is a storm coming, your business operations cannot come to a halt. Set clear expectations for those in authority as well as non-critical employees in the event an emergency does occur. Is your emergency plan communicated by text, email, or phone call? Is everyone aware of this? It may also be beneficial to subscribe to and send out public transportation updates so no employees are left stranded at your office. Likewise is it acceptable for your employees to arrive late or leave early to ensure their safety?
- With smaller storms we tend to not walk the perimeter of our business to inspect for damage or ice accumulation. By not doing this, it can lead to larger issues down the road or worse, a customer becoming injured. It is always a good practice no matter how large or small the storm might be to inspect your property and document everything. You never know when your insurance may need that information.
In the end, the size of the storm shouldn’t matter. As business owners preparation is key no matter what Mother Nature has up her sleeve. Contact your sales and marketing representative @ 603-893-9700 to learn more about the emergency ready profile (ERP) and how it could benefit your business.
Improve Cleaning through Technology
Dry ice blasting is a revolutionary blasting method that uses dry ice pellets (CO2 in solid form) as the blasting material. The process is very environmentally friendly and provides a fast and effective alternative to traditional methods of cleaning industrial production equipment.
- A dry cleaning process: Dry ice blasting is a completely dr process because dry ice pellets consist of CO2 and vaporize immediately on contact with the surface to be cleaned.
- No water disposal: The system produces no waste products. Only the coasting that has been removed remains to be disposed of, and this can usually be swept or vacuumed from the floor.
- Environmentally friendly: Dry ice blasting is completely non-toxic and no hazardous chemicals are used. Costs connected with the disposal of blasting materials and solvents are saved.
- No Abrasion: Dry ice blasting is non-abrasive and therefore surfaces are treated very gently. Wear and tear resulting from the use of steel brushes, scrapers, and other blasting materials is avoided.
- Improved production time: Dry ice blasting often allows for your production equipment to be cleaned while in operation without a need for dismantling or costly downtime.